7 August 2020
UTILICO EMERGING MARKETS TRUST PLC
(LEI Number: 2138005TJMCWR2394O39)
Change of AGM venue and arrangements
The Board of Utilico Emerging Markets Trust plc (the "Company") announces that, in light of the unprecedented circumstances regarding COVID-19, it has decided to change a number of arrangements in relation to the Company's Annual General Meeting ("AGM") convened for 12 noon on Tuesday 22 September 2020 as follows:
- the AGM will now take place at 12 noon on Tuesday 22 September 2020 at the Company's registered office, The Cottage, Ridge Court, The Ridge, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7EP and not at the address stated in the Notice of AGM dated 19 June 2020;
- all other business set out in the Notice of AGM remains as stated;
- due to the safety measures and government guidance currently in place to limit the spread of COVID-19, shareholders are asked not to attend the meeting in person and, in response to such measures, the Company will therefore not be able to allow entry to shareholders who do attempt to attend;
- it is not anticipated that the directors or representatives of the Company's Investment Managers will be present in person, other than those persons required to form a quorum under the Company's Articles and accordingly there will be no formal presentations by the directors or representatives of the Company's Investment Managers;
- only the statutory, formal business (consisting of voting on the resolutions proposed in the Notice of AGM dated 19 June 2020) to meet the minimum legal requirements will be conducted at the meeting;
- voting on the resolutions to be proposed at the AGM will be conducted on a poll, rather than on a show of hands, and all valid proxy votes will count towards the poll votes. Provided the chairman of the meeting is appointed as proxy by shareholders, the chairman of the meeting will vote on a poll in accordance with the shareholder's wishes at the AGM to ensure their votes on the resolutions are counted; and
- the results of the voting will be published immediately following the conclusion of the AGM by way of a stock exchange announcement and on the Company's website.
If shareholders have not done so already, they are strongly encouraged to register their votes in advance of the AGM by submitting proxy forms to the Company's registrar, Computershare Investor Services PLC, The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol BS99 6ZY by 12:00 noon on 18 September 2020, appointing the chairman of the meeting as their proxy to ensure their votes on the resolutions set out in the Notice of AGM are counted. Other named proxies will not be allowed to attend the meeting and therefore votes of such proxies will not be counted at the AGM.
Furthermore, if shareholders have a question relating to the business of the meeting or a question for the Board or the Investment Managers that they had planned to ask at the AGM, please send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on 18 September 2020. To the extent that it is appropriate to do so, responses to any questions received will be posted on UEM's website (www.uemtrust.co.uk) in advance of the AGM.
The Board is disappointed that it is unable to hold the AGM in the usual format this year but hopes that shareholders appreciate the reasons behind the changes. As referred to above, shareholders are welcome to contact the Company at any time through the investment managers using the email address above or by writing to the Board at the Company's registered office.
The Board appreciates the continued understanding of shareholders during these extraordinary times.
Name of contact and telephone number for enquiries:
ICM Investment Management Limited +44(0)1372 271486
Charles Jillings / Alastair Moreton
Gay Collins, Pippa Bailey +44(0)20 3770 7913
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact email@example.com or visit www.rns.com.